Business Development Executive
We're an online marketplace that connects creditworthy borrowers with lenders commonly known as peer to peer lending. Founded in Leeds, in 2012, we have established a good reputation for arranging business loans. We're a small, yet hardworking and friendly team.
The main purpose of the Business Development Executive (BDE) is to help us improve our communication with business owners. This role is crucial to the growth of our business, as our customer base grows we must work to maintain a high standard of contact and build confidence in our provision of online financial services.
The BDE role is a part-time, remote (work from home), or in-office based role. The role is to engage with new prospects. It requires that people have had some sales and BDE / BDM experience.
As with all Business Development roles, it requires sales, customer service, and great communication skills.
Comprehensive training is provided, including call scripts, examples of pre-recorded calls.
Candidates are expected to have telesales experience. Experience with remote teleworking is also desirable.
BDEs are provided with business contact details of business directors who have registered with the platform. All calls are warm-calls, no cold calling.
- Attract new borrowers to engage with the company
- Promoting and the services of the company and appointment setting (by inviting people to attend webinars and events)
- Interact with the new customers and help to onboard them
- Supporting the Business Development Manager with other sales, customer relationships tasks, and marketing activities
Role & Responsibilities:
- The role requires very good communication and customer service skills as well as a good understanding of business sales.
- Contact and engage with new prospective customers (normally business directors who are pressed for time), most of these interactions will be the result of following up from a referral
- Communicate our core services and how they may be of benefit
- Invite prospective customers to attend an event or webinar
- Follow up with invitations to increase attendance
- Follow up after events/webinars to assist with the conversion from prospect to customer
- Communicate the needs of the customers with the Business Development Manager
- Maintain excellent relationships with new and existing clients
- Understand and comply with the firm's regulatory compliance policies and procedures
The role requires:
- Native (or very near-native) English speaker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to professionally overcome objections
- Willingness to develop and gain experience in marketing and sales
- A positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Self-starter, capable of working independently
- Customer service is one of the most important areas in the business. Marketing experts confirm that is much more expensive to get a new customer than to retain an existing one.
- Pay is £20 per hour, with a target of 1 appointment set per hour worked.
- The BDE role may be promoted into a Business Development Manager role.
As an FCA-regulated and authorised firm, we demand a high level of skill and competency of all our employees and contractors. Previous experience of working for small businesses or for a regulated financial services company is valued. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Other great opportunities...
Upload your CV
Upload Cover Letter